If you are interested in joining Sonoran Bells, please read below.
Sonoran Bells is a community supported, professional handbell ensemble that plays advanced music at a high level of execution.
Sonoran Bells rehearses approximately one weekend per month (Friday evening and all day Saturday) and performs concerts in December and April each year. The rehearsal schedule requires all members to attend all scheduled rehearsal weekends and to practice their music in between rehearsals.
- Must play handbells at an intermediate to advanced level
- Must have a strong knowledge of handbell technique and be able to execute those techniques at a high level.
- Must be willing and able to practice your assigned parts in between our monthly rehearsal weekend so that we can focus on making music together and not learning the notes.
- Must love handbells and want to play at some of the highest levels
- Must commit to all rehearsal and concert weekends. Our time together is limited and precious. Members of the ensemble are expected to schedule all travel around our rehearsal weekends.
- Must successfully complete the audition and evaluation process.
- Fill out this application.
- If application is selected to move forward, you will be asked to schedule your audition in late May/early June.
- 2 weeks before your scheduled audition, you will receive your audition music and assignments
- Auditions will be recorded and evaluation will occur after all auditions are complete.
- There is availability for a remote audition if you are not located in the Tucson area. (Note – if selected all rehearsals must be attended in person)
- Ensemble will be selected by June 15, 2023
- Music will be selected and assigned by July 17, 2023.
If you have questions, please contact Shannon Casey, Artistic Director and Conductor.
Duties of the Members. . . . .
- To uphold the Sonoran Bells Mission and Goals
- To pay dues in a timely manner.
- To take an active part in Sonoran Bells business by serving on a standing or ad hoc committee.
- To attend Sonoran Bells rehearsals and performances as required.
- To purchase performance attire as determined by the Executive Committee.